7 February 2012

Well HELLO its been a while!

Bit shocking to realise I haven't put any new illustrations up here since middle of November...ooops sorry followers. I'm not going to bombard my blog with excuses...that's boring.

Looking back 2011 was a really full on year - I had my first solo exhibition, I had a huge number of commissions which I totally wasnt prepared for ! Somehow managed to get it done whilst also marrying my Captain Fisheye in the woods at my mums house with just 4 months to plan everything.




It was such a special year and I was sad to reach the end of it, which of course lead to a BIG spell of January blues...urgghhh.

I felt I've learnt a huge amount this past year, the real aspects of working for yourself, as well as working in the illustration industry. Its not easy being the illustrator, the sales-man, the advertising-man, the social-media-man, and the accountant all at the same time as I'm sure many of you know. It's taken a long time, but I feel a lot more confident about my work, and also dealing with clients. Last year I won a nice big contract with Tesco illustrating all of their Organic Food labels, so I'll be posting those up when they come out.

I'm excited to see where 2012 will take me and my work, and what I will learn. I'm hoping to push out into new avenues and be more proactive with drawing. Drawing drawing drawing.

I've recently joined the twitter world and have also been regularly updating my behance portfolio site which I have found to be really good as its so a global.

Here are some links if you'd like to follow my updates.

Twitter

Behance

Please keep in touch and let me know what you think of any artwork I post up- good or bad! X

No comments: